Our story begins in the Praga district of Warsaw. It was there, at the corner of Stalowa and Środkowa streets, where Jan Dynowski, a master of chocolate in Wedel’s factory, opened his own workshop in 1946 and transferred the quality of pre-war craftsmanship into the reality of the capital being rebuilt. The confectionery was originally called “Kremówka”, and it was led through the difficult times of the communism by Stanisława Dynowska and Halina Judycka – the wife and daughter of Jan. In free Poland, the confectionery took the name of Lukullus – a Roman general, to whom European cuisine owes the import of cherries and apricots. The company is currently run by the third generation of the same family.